Friday 23 January 2009

Doodle do

It's been a stressful week. Brad had his car stolen from outside my house on Wednesday. It's made me feel quite paranoid and nervy. Then later that day I had a meeting which I had been dreading...I'm glad it's over. No news on my uni/grant application yet.

I went to my studio and started a new doll - a batch of dolls really. I'll be taking photos along the way and I'll post them for anyone who's wondered how they are made (there won't be instructions as such...just a peek at each stage). I also scratched a new image - into zinc this time - for my lovely etching class on Tuesdays which I love!!! I made a print from my steel plate last time but it was too damp to bring home, but hopefully I'll be able to post it this week.

I wasn't going to post an image today as I didn't have one - but then my mum phoned and I doodled this dude on an envelope while we chatted. He started off quite dapper and smart - but as the conversation wore on he grew bristles and a scruffy jumper.

No comments: