Thursday 16 April 2009

Two New Books!

Well, for those of you on the edge of your seats waiting to know which film we went to see...neither. Charlie chose 17 Again, but when we arrived at horrible Cineworld, there was a sign up saying they had a problem with the projector on that screen so it would be out of focus. So Charlie's next choice was Race To Witch Mountain, which was like ET but with two very bland teenagers in place of the cute alien. And it starred ex-wrestler The Rock. I voluntarily watched a film starring The Rock. We enjoyed ourselves anyway!
While I was waiting for Charlie to meet me in Brighton I happened to wander into Dave's Comics again. In fact I happened to stay in there for at least half an hour. I think I am turning into a nerd - and I like it! I eventually bought this...
...and genuinely wept with laughter when I read it later in the evening. And, a few days ago I ordered this...



...expecting a slim volume - and it's a really lavish hardback full of fantastic ETCHINGS! Of course I shan't allow myself to look at it properly until conditions are perfect (no children around, coffee to hand, lamp on, quiet music on in background). But it looks gorgeous and I can't wait to get stuck in. Yay!

In other news we are going to a friend's 40th birthday party on Saturday and have to go dressed as something beginning with G. Charlie is being a gangster, and possibly Joe too. I'd planned to be a goth, but I am now leaning towards a geek.

No comments: