Friday 30 May 2008

We rock!

Hello! I worked at Oxfam this morning - I'm a weekly volunteer nowadays, since deciding to upgrade my contribution to the Burma/China disasters from its former "weep feebly while watching the news" status. (I still do that). I really enjoy it (working in Oxfam, that is, not the news!) As well as meeting lots of nice people, I get to rummage through interesting bric a brac, old clothes and tons of books. Just like at home, come to think of it...

This afternoon, Charlie and I have been painting stones. When I was little, I wasn't interested in being a pop star or ballerina, oh no. My ultimate goal was to find either a perfectly spherical stone, or one that's evenly flat and oval for painting on. I've always aimed high...

Many centuries later my interests haven't changed much, although I now also pick up stones with holes right through (they are lucky). Charlie seems to have inherited my ways. Here are our efforts...



(Charlie hasn't inherited my taste in music however. He likes heavy metal, which explains the cross with angel wings on his stone!)

No comments: