Saturday 8 September 2012

Pugh! Pugh! Barney McGrew! Cuthbert! Dibble! Grubb!

After living in our house for seven months, the Mister and I decided we needed dining chairs. So we headed off to the local secondhand furniture shop. I wanted the funky sixties ones and he wanted the posher-looking ornate ones. I convinced myself I could recover the seats of the posh ones and make them look Indian-y, so I relented.

While the Mister was paying for the chairs, look what I found lurking in a battered box in the corner...



Being a sucker for 3D models and all things retro, these were irresistable to me. The Peter and the Wolf record is in really good condition so I'll give it a whirl when I get a turntable. The Trumpton one looks more scratched though, so I may never actually hear the town clock "telling the time steadily, sensibly, never too quickly, never too slowly", or dance to the three o'clock waltz. (Readers under 35 or from overseas...I haven't gone mad, really...)

The Mister did not share my excitement and was very disapproving of my purchases. I told him he should think himself lucky that he's with the sort of woman who is really happy with two scratched LPs for a mere quid, rather than demanding of spray tans and Jimmy Choos. (And anyway, his chairs are huge and awful and don't fit under the table).

2 comments:

Liza said...

I've just realised how "Coraline-esque" Peter's eyes are...

Evie Gold said...

Ace choices Liza - I totally concur with you!