Monday 14 May 2012

Mind the Gap

Sorry for the absence - again. Preparing my new workspace is taking longer than I hoped, and I've been so busy that my artwork seems to have slipped down to item 75 on my to-do list. Also I now seem to be a bit run down and unwell.

In other news I've been really sad to hear about the death of Maurice Sendak. So unique, so grumpy, so magical. One of my heroes - along with Ronald Searle, who died earlier this year. Searle's book To The Kwai and Back is amazing, and so inspirational. It got me through the Observational Drawing semester at uni...when you see someone's secret life sketches of starving, sick prisoners of war, which they risked their life to do, you feel a bit of a wimp complaining that drawing in the shopping centre is a bit chilly.

No comments: