Thursday 12 July 2012

And Another Thing

I've just finished this book, A Monster Calls, by Patrick Ness. It's the really moving story of a boy whose mum is suffering with cancer, and who is being visited by a huge monster. The concept grew from an original idea by author Siobhan Dowd, who sadly died of cancer herself before the book could be written. The illustrations were done by Jim Kay, who I wasn't familiar with before. They're absolutely stunning.

The book has quite rightly won every award under the sun for both the the writing and illustrations. Hurrah for them...very well deserved.

PS As I was pasting in the link I noticed you can get it on Amazon for only £3.99 now. Blimey!

1 comment:

Jo Empson said...

I'm just about to order a copy!! The illustrations are as you say stunning and the writing beautiful, can't wait for the post to come now:) Thank you for this!x