Thursday 5 April 2012

Rabbityness


Yesterday I had the pleasure of attending my lovely friend Jo Empson's very first book launch! Her book, Rabbityness, is a beautiful picture book which tenderly explores the pain of loss but also celebrates the joy of uniqueness, creativity and just...life.

I studied with Jo on the MA, so I was lucky enough to see Rabbityness develop from its early stages right through to the wonderful end result. I know Jo has a fantastic career ahead of her - but I also know that Rabbityness will always have a very special place in her heart.

The launch party went swimmingly, with Jo signing books the whole evening...

She even managed to snare a real, live didgeridoo player...

The younger generation took to the didgeridoos like ducks to water...

But others only managed pathetic raspberries....


Martin Salisbury braved his toothache and did a grand job reading the story...


And here's a very proud friend with the author illustrator herself.

Congratulations, Jo. xxxx

1 comment:

Jo Empson said...

I'm sooo touched! You've been my rock and creative soul mate through the whole of the course, I'm much more thrilled about gaining a very special, inspiring and talented friend like you, than I am gaining a few letters after my name! The most common quote of the evening was 'Oh my god, I've only just realised you've got rabbits on your dress'...so thank you for that too:) X