Tuesday 19 October 2010

Blimey.

Well, that all took longer than I hoped. What a faff. In short, I got huffy, Sky got dumped and I'm now online courtesy of BT. So, normal service has been resumed and there's some drawing to be caught up on. Not much, admittedly...but here's a few from the last couple of weeks. Alexis Deacon in a lecture...
And later that day a hideous journey home which didn't end til after ten and involved torrential rain...


Last week's train journey to Cambridge...
No drawing on the way home last week.
Back at the studio today, and I am still at the early stages of my new project. Wrestling with the story, and meanwhile learning the printmaking technique. Here's my character again only printed with oil based ink (as advised by the wonderful John Lawrence who I was lucky enough to talk to last week) on nice paper. And with added colour at no extra charge.


I love printmaking but I always seem to be in need of something crucial yet really expensive in order to carry on. I would so love a press...it would make my life so much easier and so much more enjoyable! And it wouldn't make my hand joints hurt so much and I could do etching as well as relief....sigh.

For someone who is proud to be non-materialistic I sure do want a lot of things.

In other news, I had cleared up three piles of poo before 8 am this morning (one cat, two dog.) The glamour.

1 comment:

Rebecca Merry said...

I'm with BT and I've rarely had a problem. They are quite helpful too when I've had to contact them. And I've had a new set top box, new wireless router and internet phone and some plug thing to do with the Digital tv upgrade all free!

Nice drawing of Alexis, you should post it on his facebook group.