Friday 8 August 2008

Illustration Friday - "Sail"

I should have been working towards our next exhibition, but only having an hour or so to spare, and no fusible web to carry on with my doll, I couldn't resist having a go at this topic. It's done with sgraffito - scratching into oil pastels. I've never done it before and I enjoyed it. I'm having a difficult time at the moment and it took my mind off things slightly- for a little while at least.


I've been having trouble uploading the image so I do hope I don't make some terrible mistake! Also it looks a bit "liney"...oh well. It's the thought that counts.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. The sgraffito is perfect for this scene, the lines look as if they're lit by the moonlight.

Juan said...

Well done! Beautiful.

Jen said...

Love the two looking nose to nose. Charming.

Dot said...

really cool technique.. it gives an interesting dimension. Thanks for sharing!

steve said...

Beautiful work Liza. The lines look perfect.

Bella Sinclair said...

Oooh! I'd never heard of this technique before. What a great effect! Really fabulous image. It feels serene.

NANCY LEFKO said...

this scratchboard image is wonderful.....very serene and lovely.

INDIGENE said...

Beautiful technique and color! You've done an amazing job!

www.indigeneartforms.blogspot.com

Ginger*:) said...

This is gorgeous! I hope you do more like this. I could fall in love with a picture book full of illustrations just like this one. There is a wonderful sense of peace and companionship in this image.

~Banjo said...

I love this pic... & what a great technique... I wonder how'd you get the colours for d dog & d hat under d blues?! Skills.
Yours is d best one I've seen- you shuda won! Plz do some more of this technique, wiv a tutorial for folks like me. *smiles*

Anonymous said...

I love this picture so much - the girl and dog are so beautiful - and there's such a lovely, magical feeling about the whole scene.